Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Best electric Guitar Strings Period!

Changing electric guitar strings is not a hard thing to do, but deciding which kinds of strings to buy can be more confusing than you might think. Over the years I have been asked by some students "what are the best electric guitar strings?" That can be a difficult ask to retort because obviously different players have different preferences. Some just stick with what they have been playing with from the starting and some might experiment until they find a string they like. Below I will tell you what I believe to be the best electric guitar strings and the reasons why I feel that way.

electric bicycle

The best electric guitar strings in my view are Ghs boomers. There is three major reasons that I have located on them as my favorite. First of all they seem to stay in tune a lot longer than other strings I have tried. This is very prominent to me because many of my guitars have floating bridges. Many of the strings I have used in the past have gone out of tune on me when the whammy bar was being used heavily. No matter whether I drop tune, bend, stretch or dive the strings they rarely ever lose their pitch.

ELECTRIC

The second prominent factor that led me to name Ghs the best electric guitar strings is their durability. Before I started using boomers I had primarily been using whether Ernie Ball super slinky's and Dr's. The problem was that I was breaking them all the time. Even the heavier strings would break occasionally. Maybe I was playing a little rough, but nevertheless I needed a string that could handle the abuse. The first time I used Ghs I couldn't believe that I hadn't broken a string yet.

I regularly convert strings on a weekly or biweekly schedule depending on how much I have been playing. So I decided to leave them on for a full month to see if they would break. When they didn't break I knew they were going to be my new secret weapon.

The last thing I love about Ghs boomers is they don't loose their lively new sound. If you have ever just changed one string and left the other old ones on you roughly all the time consideration how the new string just seems to sound a lot brighter then the others. All new strings have this potential no matter what brand, but some just keep their tone and hold longer that others. The boomers absolutely live up to this challenge. There's nothing like the sound of a new set of strings that you put on two weeks ago. : - )

So there you have it. The best electric guitar strings in my view and why I think they're so great. I encourage you to try them for yourself, but don't just resolve on them because I like them. Experiment with other brands so then you'll know why they really are the best electric guitar strings.

The Best electric Guitar Strings Period!

ELECTRIC

0 comments:

Post a Comment